The Crusty Old Pinballer

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to have fun ...Remember that !!

Welcome To
The Crusty Old Pinballer
Get Crusty

4 posters

My video game obsession.

The Monk
    The Monk
    Baby Soft
    Baby Soft

My video game obsession. Empty My video game obsession.

Post  The Monk Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:38 pm

Basically here i'm going to talk about all the games I get, and talk about my collection and why i like old games more then new and prefer to collect them and stuff like that. Pretty much my game blog Smile

Today I bought 6 NES games

Bandit Kings of Ancient China
    Mario Bros. - The Original Arcade
    Jeopardy: Jr. Edition
    Rainbow Islands: The Story of Bubble Bobble 2
    Rainbow Islands (PAL australian cartridge oO)wtf is doing here?
    Street Fighter 2010

I paid 30$ for Bandit Kings....It is a rare game. NintendoAge lists it a 7 outta 10 for rare. It's also pricey not only because of its rarity but because its a KOEI game. They are known for their hardcore strategy games. I popped this in for 15 mins and gave up, its way beyond me. Especially without the 100pg manual that comes with it. Anyways, the cartridge alone reguarly sells for 50 and up alone so I did get an ok deal.

I also paid 25 for Rainbow Islands, its a hard to find game, NA gives it a 6 outta 10 for Uncommon, while the AUS version i also got gets a 7 outta 10 for rare. I'm not sure what i'm going to do with this PAL version of the game. Keep it for the heck of it in my collection or try to sell it off because it is rare and someone overseas might be looking for it. I'm not sure.

I finally got the original Mario Bros! It's about time, my bestfriend had it growing up for his NES but i never did, just the 3 Super Mario's. Even though its a Mario game this one is harder to come by, according to NA it gets a 5 outta 10 for Average. I've been looking for it for awhile now. I paid 10 for it.

Jeopardy Jr and Street Fighter 2010 I got for Free for purchasing the other games, its a pretty cool store that way. I now have all 4 Jeopardy games for the NES which is pretty cool, Jeopardy, Jeopardy Jr, Jeopardy 25th anniversray and Super Jeopardy.

Smakx
    Smakx
    Crispy
    Crispy

My video game obsession. Empty Re: My video game obsession.

Post  Smakx Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:08 pm

Interesting read. It would be cool if you also posted some mini reviews, especially for some of the more rare games. I've learned from watching the Angry Video Game Nerd videos you told me about that a lot of times rare games are rare for a reason, because they suck Smile

Anyways, it would be cool to see a couple lines about some of those titles, sort of how he does it: "This game is a total waste of ass fudge because <reason1> and <reason2>". For some reason collecting and the value of things is interesting to me, like a NES antiques roadshow.

-Smakxalax
    Osprey101
    Osprey101
    Crispy
    Crispy

Post  Osprey101 Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:47 pm

Agreed. Reviews would be good and video of game play even better!
    The Monk
    The Monk
    Baby Soft
    Baby Soft

Post  The Monk Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:49 am

I could probably write some reviews and stuff idk just whatever comes flowin...

I went back lastnight, lol.....I couldn't help it I was originally going to get these 2 games with the other 6 but i ran out of money, so after coming home i got more money and went back...

2 more NES games lastnight

Street Cop
    Mickeys Safari in Letterland with the manual (what, u went back for that?)

I paid 15 each for these games. This is more then what i usually do pay for games, i mean usually games are 5 bucks a pop at the most and buy 2 get one free, but I've been lucky enough that this store has got some more uncommon games and they aren't totally stupid to the pricing.

Street Cop is a Power Pad game, the Power Pad was a peripheral for the NES much like the Dance Dance Revolution mat for new consoles. It was mainly used for Track and Field type games where you would run in place. Off the top of my head roughly maybe 20 Power Pad games were released and probably over half of them are Track and Field games. So Street Cop is my 2nd Power Pad game i have bought which isnt a TnR game. I havent tryed it out yet well....i dont own a Power Pad yet, doh! I have about 5 Power Pad games now, so I am definitely searching for one. Street Cop gets a 6 outta 10 from Nintendoage for Uncommon

Mickeys Safari in Letterland i purchased because i thought it was Mickeys Adventure in Numberland. Oops. Well why should that matter? Mickey's Numberland is an uncommon game 6/10 and its manual is 7/10 for rare. I am trying to get the most complete NES collection I can so no matter what the game's content is i will eventually purchase it, even a Number/Letter game.

I didnt do so bad though, Letterland still gets a 5/10 for Average and its manual a 6/10 for uncommon. Maybe i will find Numberland in the future now even though its more rare.

Totally think i'm going to go back today, they had a copy of The Jungle Book, i didnt see the price but those Disney NES games are all quite good platformers actually and command a price. Jungle Book being a rarer game, i should get it while I can.

As far as this rarity stuff with NintendoAge i keep talking about...well i have about 3 or 4 NES rarity guides i go by. One is what i used as a teenager, it was last updated in 2003 so the times have changed some, then there is Nintendoage website and a rarityguide website specifically for games which i dont really trust all that much its just going by how often they pop up on ebay.

So between my 10 year old guide and Nintendoage is what i mostly go by, i'd say for the most part they are pretty spot on with whats rare and whats not.

nerp
    The Monk
    The Monk
    Baby Soft
    Baby Soft

Post  The Monk Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:54 pm

So I won an auction on ebay yesterday.

I picked up a Gameboy Advance, E-reader accessory. The E-Reader was a peripheral for the GBA that didnt take on. I don't know anybody who had one. Basically it is a "baseball" card system. You scan a barcode on the card in the Ereader to play whatever game is on the card. Each game is on 5 or more cards, you scan them all in at once and then you can play. The Ereader system can hold 1 game in its memory so you dont have to rescan each time you want to play unless you played a different Card game in between.

The Ereader i think was probably the biggest among Pokemon and Animal Crossing fans, they made the majority of the cards for Animal Crossing i believe which is sort of a life simulation game i think. Farming etc..

They did come out with a set of 13 NES games on ereader cards though, thats what I bought along with the ereader. I also got an Air Hockey game that came packaged in a sample pack, a Game&Watch game called Manhole (probably smakx's) and a couple of the pokemon cards.

All of the NES games are still sealed and new, I paid 42 dollars for the Peripheral, 13 Games and the extra bonus cards. I find this to be a pretty good deal.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

There was suppose to be a whole series of Game&Watch games for the Ereader but they were cancelled when the Ereader was discontinued. The Manhole G&W game is the only one released and it was a promo only game of sorts.

Last edited by The Monk on Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    The Monk
    The Monk
    Baby Soft
    Baby Soft

Post  The Monk Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:56 pm

i thought the forum would of resized those pics smaller, my bad
    Smakx
    Smakx
    Crispy
    Crispy

Post  Smakx Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:36 pm

The Monk wrote:i thought the forum would of resized those pics smaller, my bad

Big up's for name-dropping the manhole, word is really starting to get around...

That e-reader stuff is interesting, probably high tech for the time. Do you swipe multiple edges of the card, like a credit card machine, or does the whole card just insert and get scanned?
    oooplayer1ooo
    oooplayer1ooo
    Baby Soft
    Baby Soft

Post  oooplayer1ooo Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:03 am

does the card pack contain gum as well as games on cards, not that would be something out of the future
    Smakx
    Smakx
    Crispy
    Crispy

Post  Smakx Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:25 am

oooplayer1ooo wrote:does the card pack contain gum as well as games on cards, not that would be something out of the future

How about games on gum? And cards you can chew? I's like to see them so that...
    oooplayer1ooo
    oooplayer1ooo
    Baby Soft
    Baby Soft

Post  oooplayer1ooo Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:43 am

why hasn't someone invented weed gum?

ok im getting a pack of gum and a bag of weed , chew gum and smoke bowl,anyone else know a better way without building a machine like the beer school thread?
    The Monk
    The Monk
    Baby Soft
    Baby Soft

Post  The Monk Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:27 am

Yesterday for Wii I bought...

Kirby's Dream Collection. It is the 20th anniversary of Kirby, It comes with 6 Kirby games, a Kirby soundtrack CD with 45 tracks and over an hour long of game music across every kirby game and also a nice sized book full of facts, character drawings, and other things over the last 20 years.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I remember 20 years ago going to the store with my parents, i believe Target was the store and buying the very first Kirby game for my Gameboy. I loved it and it was one of my favorite games and GB games i had. Now 20 years later I'm remembering that while buying the anniversary collection, wow.

the games included on the disc are

Kirby's Dream Land (Gameboy)
    Kirby's Dream Land 2 (Gameboy)
    Kirby's Adventure (NES)
    Kirby's Super Star (SNES)
    Kirby's Dream Land 3 (SNES)
    Kirby64 the Crystal Shards (Nintendo64)

I've only ever played/beaten Dream Land and Adventure so i'm looking forward to playing the rest. I actually have Super Star for SNES, mary bought it a few months ago. I just havent played it yet Smile

The Monk
    The Monk
    Baby Soft
    Baby Soft

Post  The Monk Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:29 pm

Been awhile since i've posted. I'm missing some shit i've done in the past few days but lastnight I picked up...

Mario Tennis Open
    Mario Kart 7

both are 3DS games, I got Tennis for me and Mario Kart for Mary. The 3D on the Tennis game is really awesome, i super liked Mario Tennis on n64 and this is the first one i've played since then. You may think a Tennis game might be boring but in reality, if you are older then I you probably grew up playing Pong and well its basically a cool way to play a Pong game if you like Pong and I do Smile

I havent played MK7 yet but Mary had a go at Tennis after i went to bed and i woke up to a note on my 3DS this morning saying the game was awesome, she had some doubts about a Tennis game and looked at me like wtf when its what i said I wanted lol. I am fixing to play some MK7 sometime today.

There is one thing that sucks about the Mario Tennis for me is that its pretty shitty having to use the stylus in my right hand in order to play it. They really fucked left handed people over on this console not including a right circle pad for control.

The Monk
    The Monk
    Baby Soft
    Baby Soft

Post  The Monk Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:47 pm

DERF the NERD here to report on my latest and greatest findings.....been buying games like a madman... Sonic Generations and Shinobi for 3DS, mary got Hotel Transyvlania, NCIS and Lego Star Wars 3 for 3DS....I ninja snuck in the house a couple NES games the other day...Muppet Adventures and Dragon's Lair... but my main report here today is to tell this funny story

Mary found a box at her moms old house thats been abandoned for almost a year now. This box used to belong to her ex boyfriend but was left behind when they split up a couple years b4 i came into the picture. I scored pretty good...

1 Nintendo 64 console
    1 controller and 3 games...
    Donkey Kong64
    Glover
    Blast Corps

1 NES console
    1 NES Advantage Joystick (i have 3 now)
    2 Controllers (1 with a sticker that covers the controller that Nintendo Power gave away in a magazine)
    1 Game Genie and 13 games...
    Battletoads
    Super Mario Bros 3
    Back to the Future 2&3
    Legacy of the Wizard
    Galaga
    Excitebike
    Dragon Warrior
    Double Dragon
    Blaster Master
    Jackal
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    Journey to Silius
    Rollergames

Also in the box was a Super Nintendo mouse and mousepad for Mario Paint. The mousepads are getting harder to come by these days. I didnt have a mouse or mousepad for my SNES so sweet..

all but 4 of the nes games i already have, my new ones being Journey, Rollergames, Double Dragon and BTTF2&3. Pretty happy, i havent had a n64 in over 10 years and have been wanting one again. All of this for free, thanks bro Wink
    Smakx
    Smakx
    Crispy
    Crispy

Post  Smakx Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:12 am

Sweet score dude! What a dummy, you never leave that kind of stuff behind at a gfs. Good for you though Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:07 am