The Crusty Old Pinballer

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to have fun ...Remember that !!

Welcome To
The Crusty Old Pinballer
Get Crusty

4 posters

Here we go again... BBB chat SUCKS. Sorry Dazz...

Osprey101
    Osprey101
    Crispy
    Crispy

Here we go again... BBB chat SUCKS. Sorry Dazz... Empty Here we go again... BBB chat SUCKS. Sorry Dazz...

Post  Osprey101 Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:48 pm

OK, it is not just me.
    Greywolf tried to join chat the other night and just like with me, it acted as if it did not exist.
    Last night I accidentally closed my browser. I restarted it and once again, it is as if BBB.org does not exist.
    I have tried every browser on both computers at home. No luck. I tried my work computers (3 of them), no luck.
    So now, it is a day later, and STILL cant get to the site on any browser, or any computer.

I hate to only bitch and never praise but, right now, chat sucks, and has sucked ever since Dazz took it over.
    I am not saying this is due to Dazz, but ever since it got migrated to his system, I have had nothing but problems.
    If the hosting is being paid for, you better bitch up a storm.

I guess if any of you want to talk to me, I will stay logged on to the Tiny chat. But if you log in to tiny chat, give me time to see you are there before you leave.

I miss when DG had the chat and there were no icons and log ins and chat always opened... All the improvements have just created more problems.
    Dazz I appreciate all you do. I really do. But I hope you understand my frustration.
    tamoore
    tamoore
    Baby Soft
    Baby Soft

Here we go again... BBB chat SUCKS. Sorry Dazz... Empty Re: Here we go again... BBB chat SUCKS. Sorry Dazz...

Post  tamoore Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:58 am

Osprey101 wrote:OK, it is not just me.
    Greywolf tried to join chat the other night and just like with me, it acted as if it did not exist.
    Last night I accidentally closed my browser. I restarted it and once again, it is as if BBB.org does not exist.
    I have tried every browser on both computers at home. No luck. I tried my work computers (3 of them), no luck.
    So now, it is a day later, and STILL cant get to the site on any browser, or any computer.

I hate to only bitch and never praise but, right now, chat sucks, and has sucked ever since Dazz took it over.
    I am not saying this is due to Dazz, but ever since it got migrated to his system, I have had nothing but problems.
    If the hosting is being paid for, you better bitch up a storm.

I guess if any of you want to talk to me, I will stay logged on to the Tiny chat. But if you log in to tiny chat, give me time to see you are there before you leave.

I miss when DG had the chat and there were no icons and log ins and chat always opened... All the improvements have just created more problems.
    Dazz I appreciate all you do. I really do. But I hope you understand my frustration.

I can't get in about every-other-day from work.

Like you said... sometimes on some connections, it acts like it doesn't exist. Not sure what is going on...

Rascal
    Rascal
    Crusty Crap Photochop Award
    Crusty Crap Photochop Award

Here we go again... BBB chat SUCKS. Sorry Dazz... Empty Re: Here we go again... BBB chat SUCKS. Sorry Dazz...

Post  Rascal Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:04 am

Other people have this issue too. Elton and tamoore have problems getting to the chat from time to time too.

I'll keep putting a bug in Dazz's ear and more so when DeeGor is present. DeeGor can help.

Did you try from both sites?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

EDIT: Deegor has found something and will talk to Dazz when he can. He says use this link for now.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Osprey101
    Osprey101
    Crispy
    Crispy

Post  Osprey101 Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:17 am

When I try that link, I get to the log on page. I type my name and hit connect and what I get is: Connection failed, media server might be down or firewall might be blocking the connection!

I will keep trying.
    DeeGor
    DeeGor
    Baby Soft
    Baby Soft

Post  DeeGor Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:27 pm

Odd, my original post got deleted. I'll post it again.

I believe the problem is DNS related. I will talk with Dazz and see if we can get it resolved.

As a temporary fix, you can manually put the IP address in your hosts file.

The process to do this is a little different depending if you're using XP or windows 7.

For XP:

1) Open notepad
    2) Click on File, then Open
    3) In the "Look In" dropdown box navigate to: C:\WinXP\System32\drivers\etc\hosts
    4) Click Open
    5) On the bottom of the file add the following line
    209.159.145.244 bigbangbar.org
    6) Save the file

For Windows 7:

1) Open notepad (As administrator).
    2) Click on File, then Open
    3) In the "Look In" dropdown box navigate to: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts
    4) Click Open
    5) On the bottom of the file add the following line
    209.159.145.244 bigbangbar.org
    6) Save the file

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:58 am